Annual Governance Statement
To view the Annual Governance Statement: Click Here
Governance Objectives for 2023/24
- The board will continue its programme of monitoring the effectiveness of governance by undertaking its biennial internal review and ensuring that the monitoring process is externally validated.
- Governors will agree and complete a revised Governor Skills Analysis. The Board/school will provide training and learning opportunities to meet any identified needs.
- The Board will implement a number of occasional staff led training sessions for governor on topics identified by the annual skills analysis.
- A revised Governor Role Description will be agreed and introduced and it will inform future recruitment to the Board.
- All Governors will meet with staff and with pupils in the classroom.
- The Board will further develop governance conversations and feedback activities with parents.
- Content on GovernorHub will be revised and updated and governors will be provided with bespoke training to assist in its use.
- Governors will challenge school to ensure that the quality of its teaching learning and all aspects of the school experience are not only maintained as ‘outstanding’ (OFSTED 2023) but continuously developed and improved.
- Governors will continue to actively support the monitoring and development of the Blenheim Challenge initiative and further initiatives designed to develop pupils beyond the curriculum
- Governors will develop and agree a social media communications strategy and will encourage school to adopt a social media policy.
- The Board will continue to be proactive in encouraging the development of healthy lifestyles, fitness and wellbeing amongst pupils and staff.
Chair of Governors