Welcome to Year 2!
The names of our classes this year are named after artists from around the world. In Year 2, we are:
This half term we are learning about the topic of: Australia
This half term our topic is all about dragons!
Spring 1 :
This term our topic will be: The Titanic.
This term our topic will be: Super Heroes
This term our topic will be: Glorious Great Britain
In maths we cover many different areas and return to them to take the learning on to a higher level:
- Division Y2 Blenheim
- Multiplication Y2 Blenheim
- Subtraction Y2 Blenheim
- T L 5468 Common Exception Words Assessment Year 1 ver 3
- Year 2 Long Term Plan 18 19
- Year 2 Mathematics Planning Block A Objectives
- Year 2 Mathematics Planning Block B Objectives
- Year 2 Mathematics Planning Block C Objectives
- Year 2 Mathematics Planning Block D Objectives
- Year 2 Mathematics Planning Block E Objectives
- Year 2 Mathematics Termly Overview
Can we remind you that homework is a really important part of your child's learning. It reinforces and extends what we are learning about in school.
It also allows them the chance to share with you and learn from you. Children who don't complete their homework at home with an adult miss out on a significant experience and that does have long term impact on their educational progress.
In Year 2 we set homework every Friday to be handed in by the next Wednesday. This varies as to subject and is sometimes a Learning Log task and other times a sheet of work.
Additionally, it is vitally important that your child:
- practises reading AT LEAST three times every week - best of all is every day, for about 15 minutes.
- learns their spellings set by their class teacher on a weekly basis.
- practises the times table that they are currently on (the first three to be covered are x2, x5 and then x10 and all children should be able to work confidently with these by Christmas)
PE is on a Tuesday/Thursday for Whale Shark Class and a Wednesday/FRiday for Piranha class.
Please make sure your child has their PE kit with them. This includes plain jogging bottoms or shorts, a plain t-shirt or long sleeved top and trainers or pumps. Many of the PE lessons will be outside and it will be difficult for your child to be warm and comfortable and also move about safely without the proper PE kit.
Other things you need:
Indoor shoes are more important than ever in this wet weather - the children wear the shoes they come to school in when outside and their indoor footwear (pumps, slippers, other shoes or something else!) when around school. This protects carpets and gives their feet a chance to dry if their shoes are wet.
A water bottle - having a drink when thirsty is vital for health and learning, whatever the time of year.
Please remember that we are a HEALTHY SCHOOL and therefore children should not be brining in unhealthy snacks such as chocolate, cake or sweets even for birthday treats. Only healthy treats thank you (without nuts).